Pinterest

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Easy Kid Friendly Flatbread Recipe



Good evening everyone! This is my first official "post".  I hope you all find this space to be uplifting, creative and fun!  I have wanted to start a blog since before Aviyah, my three year old was born, but due to the craziness of life and frankly fears, of who knows what, I held myself back.  My little family of 4 recently made a huge transition and moved down to North Carolina.  This move has given me a "fresh" start per-say and I want to take advantage of the unknown and start creating.  I am finding that most dreams lay on the other side of your fears.  So here we go!


Today Aviyah & I made some home made flat bread to eat with our ginormous tub of hummus I was suckered into buying at Costco (you know the samples they give you and you end up buying the 10 pound can of salsa because your starving, have no self control and realize you have not eaten anything today!)  Here is a really easy and kid-friendly recipe.


Easy Kid Friendly Flat Bread 

2 cups of flour
dash of salt
3 1/2 TBSP of butter
3/4 cup of milk
Dash of chopped up dry rosemary 

Mix flour salt & rosemary together and set aside in large bowl
Heat butter and milk until melted 
Pour butter & milk mixture into flour and mix with your hands 
(Aviyah loved this part!)
Let sit at room temperature for 30 mins
Than heat non-stick pan 
Grab some dough and make them into good size balls


 Roll them out into thin pieces


Fry them in pan, about 30 seconds on each side or until a few "bubbles" form 


and there you go!



Slap some hummus on there and you have a great afternoon snack!




Hope you're having a happy week
xo

4 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! 🎉🙌🏻👊🏻 So proud of you Ash! ❤the name!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog looks great Ashley! So does the flat bread! I think we'll try it this weekend! Have you tried it with any other flours other than regular flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki!! You should its so easy!! and taste so much better than store bought, I have not made this particular recipe with any other flours ( almond or coconut) but I am sure you can substitute the flours depending on your liking :)

      Delete